SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. Please bookmark Young Space Opportunities for future calls!
(If you're looking to submit your work to the Young Space website, please go to the Submit page!)
Young Space happily invites submissions of contemporary visual art for an online-only group exhibition (exact title TBA) from 15 November 2017 - 5 January 2018.
The aim of this exhibition is to highlight small-scale works in various media by early career and emerging artists from around the world. All work is curated/selected by Kate Mothes. Selected work will be promoted online and available for sale in an online gallery on young-space.com. All selected work will also be shared on the @youngspacedotcom Instagram account, and artists will have the opportunity to participate in a takeover of the @youngspacedotcom.wip "work-in-progress" account.
Submission fee is $20. Entry deadline is 30 September 2017. See below for other important dates!
All proceeds are put directly toward Young Space operating costs in order to further the mission of promoting and supporting artists, artwork, and ideas.
About Young Space
Young Space is an online and curatorial platform emphasizing early-career contemporary artists. Please visit the blog and Instagram to get a sense of the curatorial mission and aesthetic!
SUBMIT YOUR WORK!
THIS IS A TWO-STEP APPLICATION. Please fill out the online form and submit images with any questions or concerns you may have via email to email@example.com. Your submission will not be considered until both steps are completed. All correspondence will be through email only. If you encounter any issues with this form or any other part of the submission process, please don't hesitate to contact me!
All artists are eligible to submit work for consideration. Work submitted must be new within the last two years. There is no limitation on geographic location, theme, or medium. If selected, you may be asked for additional information or to participate in an interview for further publication and promotional purposes.
IN BRIEF - WHAT TO INCLUDE in the form below:
- Images of your work
- A brief statement of your work (300 words max)
- A PDF file of your CV
- Submission Fee
SPECIFICATIONS + REQUIREMENTS:
- Artists may submit up to three (3) distinct pieces of work for consideration. Artworks must stand alone, and not be part of a set or series that is meant to be displayed together.
- Only completed artworks will be considered.
- Images may be attached directly to an email, via a WeTransfer file, or via a Dropbox link. Images should be no larger than 3MB each, and may be in .jpg/.jpeg or .png, but no PDFs.
- All art must be for sale. Young Space will handle all sales and related communication.
- Young Space asks for a 30% commission total on any sales. Please factor in this amount when determining your prices (work should be a minimum of $75 and a maximum of $500, inclusive of frames, etc.).
- Shipping of artwork within/to the United States is the responsibility of the artist, along with any insurance. Kate is responsible for caring for, storing, and, in the case of a sale, shipping the artwork to a buyer. In the case that an artwork does not sell, return shipping is also the responsibility of the artist. The artist is not responsible for shipping if the artwork sells during the online exhibition.
- Work may contain 3D elements, but may be no bigger than 10 x 10 x 3in (3 in. at thickest part). It may be smaller in any of those dimensions, but no larger! This does not include frames, but please keep in mind that you are responsible for shipping/packaging.
- Entry Deadline: 30 September 2017, 11:59pm CST.
- All artists will be notified of the final decision by 7 October 2017. If your work is selected, you will receive further information about shipping deadlines (in the ballpark of October 25, so just tuck that under your cap!)
- All selected work will be on display on young-space.com from 15 November 2017 - 5 January 2018.
Liability & Photography
Although artwork will be handled with care, Young Space cannot be responsible for loss or damage to artworks, and artists are encouraged to carry their own insurance when the work is shipped.
Young Space reserves the right to photograph artwork during the event and use images of the artwork for publicity and educational purposes in perpetuity. By submitting artwork via this call, the artist is agreeing to the terms outlined above.
All questions should be directed to Kate Mothes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't be shy!
Submission fee is $20 (nonrefundable) per artist, regardless of the number or type of works submitted, limit 3. Online entry only (credit/debit card).
- Images must show the exact work you are submitting.
- Images should be a maximum of 3MB each.
- Acceptable file formats are .jpg/jpeg or .png. No PDFs.
You will be notified either way if your work has been accepted or not. If your work is accepted, you will receive further information.
Please follow the 2 steps below:
- Online form (attach images and PDF of your statement and CV - can be combined in to one document)
- Entry Fee ($20)
Your submission will not be considered complete until both steps are complete.
Please fill out the following information. Fields with a * are required.